About Big Tree Carbon
Big Tree Carbon is engaged in the acquisition, exploration and development of mining assets in Northwestern Ontario in a responsible manner that grows shareholder value and meaningfully contributes to the socio-economic development of the Company’s neighbouring indigenous communities.
- Carbon Offsetting – Big Tree is a carbon sequestration resource developer with two Forest Carbon projects under development namely the Lac Seul and Agoke projects
- Big Tree has First Nations leadership and ownership – they are Canada’s first publicly traded mining company with an Anishinaabe President & CEO and equity purchased by a First Nations group
- The company has gold discoveries in Northwestern Ontario’s prolific Red Lake Mining District
- Big Tree’s assets are proximal to active mining companies – their Richardson Lake area properties, located 100km from Evolution Mining’s Red Lake mining complex and 180km from Goldcorp’s Musselwhite mine, and 10km away from First Mining Gold’s Springpole Project
- Sustainable Energy – Big Tree subsidiary Wiigwaasaatig Energy Inc. (WEI) is a clean energy initiative to create renewable energy with First Nations communities and to offer clean energy alternatives for resource companies